Pages

Tuesday 15 June 2010

How does your garden grow?

Well despite the near constant rain, I am pleased to report the garden is growing steadily. At the beginning of the month it was starting to look like a real Potager and not just a bare patch of land.










When I went out a couple of days ago, I couldn't believe it! Things are growing so fast! The potatoes look sooo healthy! We are expecting a bumper crop and all the brassicas are looking fab!!!
We harvested our first bunch of chard and kale two days ago and braised them with some of the rocket from the garden.


I have pretty much used up every available plot in the garden but, much to my husband's chagrin, that doesn't stop me from browsing the seed packets in the local co-op. I know I need to stop buying seeds but I just couldn't resist giving a new variety of plant the chance to grow and feed my tummy (and they were on sale)!!! The last (I promise!) purchase include Hokkaido squash and some Aztec bean I liked the look of. This will definitely be the last one. It is getting too late in the season to plant now. If I try any later they may not mature before the first frost!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment